Waterford City & County Council
Clifton Scannell Emerson Associates
Waterford City Co. Waterford
- Substantial earthwork excavation across the entire site including the recycling of site won material in Cl 6F2 capping
- Provision of 4M wide segregated shared surface and 6.5M carriageway for the majority of the scheme.
- Full Upgrade of Waterford’s busiest Junction (Rice Bridge Junction).
- Creating a new hard landscaped water front promenade along Grattan Quay & Merchants Quay.
- 114 No. Piles 6-24M in length
- 220M of cantilevered boardwalks constructed over the River Suir.
- 1000m of Drainage pipelines (storm and Foul), ranging from 150mm – 900mm diameter, including attenuation, petrol interceptors, flow control & tide flex valves
- 130 linear meters of bespoke retaining walling up to 5M tall
- 500 linear meters of masonry boundary walling up to 2.4M tall
- 2500m of ducting and all associated chambers– including ESB MVLV, public lighting and communications.
- 200M of gas main (80-180mm), water (180mm) and foul sewer (525mm) diversions
- 200M of 180mm HDPE watermain.
- Extensive liaison with service provides to facilitate Eir, ESB, Irish Water diversions and connections off the existent network.
- Extensive site clearance and enabling works.
- 3000m of kerbs including in situ and local limestone.
- 3300M2 of exposed aggregate concrete footpaths & extensive natural stone paved areas.
- New public lighting network for the length of the scheme with LED Lanterns
- Extensive hard and soft landscaping and tree planting.
- Accommodation works for affected residents.
- Major pedestrian and traffic management throughout the course of the project
- Substantial third-party liaison notably.